What’s shakin, cocktail fans?
Welcome back to another episode of the Modern Bar Cart Podcast!
This week’s guest is Taka Amano of New American Spirits, makers of Umai! Shochu, which is a traditional Japanese spirit that Taka is bringing to the American spirits market.
In this really fascinating conversation, some of the topics we cover include:
- How Taka used his experience traveling and working within the Japanese biotech space to become an ambassador for Shochu here in the US.
- Shochu base grains and production methods, including the use of ASPERGILLUS…that’s right. Black mold.
- The history of Shochu distillation in Japan, including how it’s becoming one of the most popular spirits on the market today.
- Shochu cocktails and the best way to enjoy shochu at home and abroad
- How to find a quality bottle here in the US
- And much, much more.