What’s shakin, cocktail fans?
Welcome back to another episode of the Modern Bar Cart Podcast. This week, we’ve got an excellent interview with cocktail author and Certified Nutritional Consultant Ariane Resnick (@chef_ariane on Instagram / @ArianeResnick on Twitter) about how we can enjoy cocktails in a way that’s healthier for our bodies.
As you know, alcohol is technically, kinda bad for you when consumed in large quantities. But then, so is caffeine, or salt, or even water for that matter. So one of the key questions that pertains to all these substances, including the ones that we need to keep us alive, is:
How can we consume this substance in the right quantities, and how do we control the quality of its effects on our bodies?
These are tough questions. And Ariane has a really unique way of framing her answers, backed both by personal experience and hard science.
Some of the topics we discuss include:
- The story of alcohol as it travels through the body, from the first sip of your drink straight through the morning after.
- How to use certain foods and herbs to supplement the positive and curb the negative effects of alcohol.
- Phytonutrients, Antioxidants, and why colorful foods and drinks are good for you
- More thoughts on bone broth cocktails
- A few notes on kindness over a dirty Martini with Mr. Rogers
- And much, much more