What’s shakin, cocktail fans?
In this episode, we hang out with architect, illustrator, and cocktail buff Melissa Wood, who is partially responsible for one of the coolest cocktail books I’ve ever come across.
The book is called The Architecture of the Cocktail, and it portrays mixed drinks and their ingredients as if an architect drafted them on a blueprint.
You learn more about Melissa by visiting www.mwoodpen.com or follow her on Instagram @mwoodpen.
Some of the things we discuss in this episode include:
- How a girl with a love for literature and art forged a career for herself in the world of architecture and design.
- The similarities and differences between cocktails, buildings, and designed spaces
- The process for figuratively slicing open seventy cocktails and organizing their guts for us on a piece of paper
- Best practices for setting the mood during your next cocktail party
- The reason why blueprints are blue
- And much, much more