What’s shakin, cocktail fans?
Welcome back to another episode of the Modern Bar Cart Podcast! I’m your host, Eric Kozlik, and thanks for joining me for another great interview episode, where we track down an expert on a certain aspect of cocktails, spirits, or home bartending, and let them give us a crash course on their particular area of expertise.
In this wide ranging conversation, some of the things we discuss include:
- How vermouth is defined around the world, and what distinguishes different types from one another
- The process of bringing recipes from her days in the restaurant industry to life in a distillery setting.
- A special tasting of those products, where we hash out flavor profiles and ingredients.
- Popular cocktails where vermouth is a main character, rather than a supporting cast member
- Kat’s new mission to make a vermouth cocktail for her celebrity crush
- And much, much more.
I think we’ve all seen vermouth’s rise from obscurity in the past few years, and after you listen to this episode, I’m sure you’ll join me in the opinion that this ain’t your grandma’s dusty green bottle anymore.