Some of the things we discuss include:
- Carlie’s journey from under-the-table restaurant worker as a kid to award winning restauranteur in her twenties.
- The most noteworthy cocktails and service experiences she recalls along the way
- A snapshot of her newest project–Himitsu
- The value of travel and openness in cocktail learning
- The correct dilution percentages for an Old Fashioned and a Manhattan
- What to drink at a piano bar with Edith Piaf
- And much, much more.
This episode emphasizes finesse, execution, and the human element of service that can turn a great night out into an unforgettable or life-changing experience.