What’s shakin, cocktail fans?
Welcome back to another episode of The Modern Bar Cart Podcast!
This time around, we’re continuIng our liquid tour of Islay with Scotch Whisky enthusiast Adam Safir of the DC Islay Scotch Society. So if you haven’t already checked out Episode 093, we’d recommend doing so. It’s got a ton of great information about Scotch, as well as an exhaustive list of the bottles we nose and sample throughout both episodes.
In this Part II of our spirited tour of Islay with scotch enthusiast Adam Safir, some of the things we discuss in this episode include:
- How a new distillery has changed the Islay landscape for the first time in over 100 years
- Why non-age statement whiskies may be on the rise, and how to approach bottles that don’t have age statements.
- A bit of discussion about various barrel finishes, including rum and sherry casks.
- How to decide when a particular bottle isn’t living up to its potential
- What language you need to learn if you want to know who adds caramel coloring to their Scotch whisky
- And much, much more